Can I talk with someone about this product?
Absolutely! Send us a contact form here. We are happy to answer any questions you have and schedule follow up calls as necessary.
Do I need a server to run SpringboardVR?
Our software is cloud-based so you do not need a server. The Desktop Client (which includes the Content Launcher) needs to be downloaded and installed on each PC but the Operator Panel is a web application and therefore can be accessed through the web browser of any device connected to the internet. We recommend an iPad or Android tablet, we also recommend using Chrome Browser as this has the best compatibility across devices.
What internet speeds do you recommend?
- SpringboardVR app: A bare minimum of 1mbps/1mbps since the SpringboardVR app is simply a remote management tool. That said, a stable connection is required in order to use the remote management functionality which is why we recommend a wired connection and not WiFi.
- Downloading content: A matter of preference depending on how quickly you want titles to download. On average these titles aren't bigger than 10GB.
- Downloading updates to titles you already have installed: Small in comparison, just remember that multiple stations may be downloading them at the same time. Again this is primarily a matter of how fast you want them to download.
- Multiplayer or other connected functionality inside titles: You want a stable connection that isn't necessarily fast, but offers good pings. If your users will primarily play against one another it might not matter depending on the title in question - a lot of them always route over servers.
How much does SpringboardVR cost?
SpringboardVR's management software costs $30 USD per month per station and includes the following core features:
- Operator Panel where operators can manage their location(s), content and stations.
- Content Launcher where arcade customers can manage their experience themselves and easily make game selections, watch tutorials and call for help.Click here to see it in action.
- Reservation System which can be integrated into websites so arcade customers can book and pay online in advance. Integrates with Square and Stripe for payment processing.
The cost for content (commercial licenses) is in addition to the cost of the management software. For a full list of available experiences and their associated licensing prices, please refer to our marketplace here.
Does the 30-day free trial include content?
Yes, it does.
There is a wide variety of games available while during the first 30 days of trial. This way you can test the solution fully and get familiar with the installation steps.
Please see our Content Activation Guide for more information.
Paying customers with billing information on file have access to our full Content Marketplace.
Can I install SpringboardVR's desktop client on all my stations during my 30-day trial?
Do I need to sign a long term contract?
No, our software is month to month.
Does SpringboardVR support Windows Mixed Reality headsets and Oculus Rift?
We support Windows Mixed Reality headsets through the SteamVR bridge.
What do I need during my setup with SpringboardVR?
Make sure you have access to one of your VR stations and an active internet connection. You also need to have Steam and SteamVR accounts setup.
Please provide contact information in the calendar notes when scheduling your appointment.
Do I need to purchase each title in addition to paying the per-minute license?
No. You will be able to install the majority of our content across all your stations at no cost. From there we keep track of the number of minutes played per game and bill you accordingly on the 1st of each following month. Please note some content requires it to be purchased through Steam to be able to download it, these titles will have this in their information.
Do all titles on your Marketplace come included once I install SpringboardVR?
All titles will be available for you to license but you first need to manually select, download and install content.
Do you support language translation?
We provide translations for our Reservation system, Monitor application, and Launcher software in:
- English (U.S.)
- Portuguese (Brazil)
- Spanish (Spain)
- Chinese (Standard Mandarin)
If there is a language that you would like to request support for please contact our support.
We also support manual translation of the category titles and content descriptions through editing the entries in your admin panel - though full translation support is on our roadmap.
Is content locally installed on each station?
What content can I add into the SpringboardVR Launcher?
We support room-scale VR content supported by SteamVR. Free roam and other multiplayer custom content requiring a local server are currently unsupported. If you have a question about a specific title please email [email protected].
What PC specs do you recommend?
Information Updated: May 25th, 2022
10th Gen Intel® Core™ i5 10400 Processor or equivalent
NVIDIA RTX 3060 or equivalent
16GB of RAM (DDR4 or DDR5 at least 3200mhz)
1TB* SSD and secondary 1TB* Hard Drive
Windows 10 (We do not currently support Windows 11)
Note: Using anything below these recommended PC Specs will likely impact performance and may not support SpringboardVR or other VR titles in a commercial setting. In addition, SpringboardVR only partially supports AMD graphics cards. We do not currently offer a list of compatible AMD cards.
If you are not sure what type of VR-ready PC you should purchase, we recommend the HP Z1 Workstation, from our partner, HP. Email [email protected] and ask for the SpringboardVR-approved system.**
*For storage drives: GB = 1 billion bytes. TB = 1 trillion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less. Up to 36GB of system disk is reserved for system recovery software.
**Not Available in all regions.
I do not have internet access. Can you support me?
Not at the moment since our software is cloud based. However, we do have a Safety Mode which is a feature that allows your location to continue running in the event of internet outage or server downtime.
Can you support me if I operate a mobile/events based VR business?
Yes, provided you have an internet connection. In most cases a mobile hotspot will suffice.
Who can I contact with technical questions?
Feel free to email us anytime at [email protected].