Inside the Headset with Secret Location
October 9, 2018 | 3 min read
The Developers Behind Blasters of the Universe
There are many factors that go into running a successful VR Arcade, and offering premium content is certainly near the top of the list. It is very important an Arcade owner is familiar with their library, and have a carefully curated library of high-end VR experiences to have a successful VR Arcade. We sat down with Secret Location to discuss their VR title, Blasters of the Universe, to learn how they created a high-end game that has fared well in the out-of-home VR space.
About Blasters of the Universe
Twist, duck, dodge, and maneuver your way through enemy lines in this “bullet hell” VR game. With customizable guns, and over 130,000 combinations, it gives the player the ability to find the best fit for them. As you reach higher levels you will battle new enemies and unlock new weapons and shields. While enemies are blasting at you, you’ll need to figure out which one poses a higher threat, from fast moving ground enemies, high flying enemies, to enemy tanks coming your way. Build shields as a temporary resort from dodging those bullets. With endless modes and new challenges every week, you will find yourself not wanting to put this game down!
History of Blasters of the Universe
Blasters of the Universe will take you back, with its 80s and 90s cartoon villain inspirations and big explosions seen in old arcade games. Blasters of the Universe used prototyping and rigorous user testing during the development period to make sure it was the best game for VR Arcades.
Benefits for VR Arcades and Operators
The 80s and 90s cartoon villain inspiration will bring in an older crowd of players living up the nostalgia of old arcade games in the new immersive VR version. Blasters of the Universe is a perfect location-based game for many reasons. Blasters of the Universe offers players a range of features to keep gameplay exciting and challenging:
VR Arcade Benefits
- Build your load-out with over 130,000 awesome gun combinations.
- Gameplay is heavily reliant on physical movement, requiring players to duck, dodge, twist, turn, and maneuver their way through tons of enemies and hundreds of bullets.
- Experience VR Bullet Hell action in Campaign and Endless modes.
- Unique rotating Weekly Challenges create a high “replayability” factor.
- Leaderboards can be configured for local Arcades or worldwide scores.
- All content is unlocked in Arcade mode.
Gameplay Tips and Tricks
- It’s important to find a safe spot, your head is the only thing that can take damage so if you see a circle of bullets coming for you, it is sometimes best to situate yourself right in the middle and let them all zoom by.
- Block bullets with shields. When they give up make sure you are constantly moving to avoid the blasts.
- You have enemies coming at you in all sorts of ways, running, flying, or in a tank. Find out which enemies are your first priority to stay in the game longer.
Why VR Customers Will Love It
Blasters of the Universe has no time commitment - you can play for a few minutes if that’s all you have. Or, enjoy getting lost exploring all the different modes, challenges, enemies, and weapon choices. The 80s and 90s cartoon villains, the explosions, the soundtrack music, and many more features are sure to keep customers coming back to play!
Add Blasters of the Universe to your VR Arcade library today! Now priced at 6 cents per minute!
Never Miss an Update !